Monday, April 12, 2010

Mini Calendar Freakout

This post is TOTALLY going to sound like a valley girl typed it up (which I kinda am) but when Im really excited/nervous I sound like an idiot. But this is me.
There have been many posts which I have started but never have posted. The past 6 weeks in training have been EXHAUSTING and even MORE EXHAUSTING. I felt a little lame just expressing how tired I was. But coming to the end of the day that all I could think about. Changed things up a bit with eating a little bit more and then something happened to my IT band and really sidelined my running the past 2 weeks. I got through my hard headedness and with the caring helpful hounding of my husband and lovely DAILYMILE friends I just took the time off completely from running. 5 days later I feel great and havent had any pain in my leg at all in the past 3 days. GOOD, I really needed to hop back on the horse today.
So that is the roundup of how training has been the past weeks ... but this past weekend I kicked off my event season with my first 100k bike tour. I will recap later on that because I cant even think about that right now.


After naptime a short time ago , I grabbed my youngest and walked out to the living room, I dug out my planner and looked up my training papers which told me I would have a FULL week, then I opened the planner to this week and BAM on Sunday I have my first triathlon EVER. Now its a "Baby" Tri. 2o0 yd swim , 6.5 mile bike and 2 mile run. Its nothing and I probably blow right through it but HOLY HECK man this is really launching my tri "career" ( I couldnt think of another word) and IM WIGGIN OUT DUDE!! I mean the next weekend is a 1 mile catfish crawl and then 2 weeks later my first SPRINT then another 2 weeks later another SPRINT , 1 week later my first OLYMPIC.... there is more things happening but I will stop there cause I think you might have caught my drift on the small nervous freakout here!
****breathe****
Now that I typed that out Im weirdly over it. Now my worries are just getting through the day. I have to also promise myself to blog religiously from now on so I can look back at these moments after I officially have become a BAD ASS :)

3 comments:

  1. That's a good attitude. What's the worst that can happen? You fall of your bike? Not likely. You don't finish. Also, not likely. Getting one under your belt will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the first tri...can't wait to hear all about it! You go BADASS ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go!! What an athlete, I will just admire you from my pregnant side line!

    ReplyDelete